If you have been a victim of a crime in Juab County you may be eligible for Crime Victim's Reparations to assist with expenses you have incurred as a result of the crime.
You may be eligible for victim compensation if you:
- are a victim of crime;
- are a dependant of a deceased crime victim; or
- are a representative acting on behalf of one of the above; and
- you have reported the crime to a law enforcement officer; and
- you have cooperated with the appropriate law enforcement agencies in their efforts to apprehend or convict the perpetrator of the alleged offense.
Compensation you may apply for includes:
- medical, dental, and physical therapy expenses;
- mental health counseling;
- lost wages resulting from personal injury caused by the crime;
- child care for minor children that enables the victim or his or her spouse to continue employment;
- funeral and burial expenses for death caused by the crime;
- relocation, rent and related expenses;
- eye glasses, hearing aids or other devices medically necessary because of the crime; and
- replacement of door locks and windows.
To obtain more information about whether you quailify and what compensation you may apply for, contact a Juab Victim's Advocate at (435) 623-3460.